This product does not have the flowers at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of any colored flower. Adenium is a genus of succulent flowering plants in the family Apocynaceae, commonly known as the desert rose which is a natural bonsai looking plant.
It has fleshy leaves and beautiful open-trumpet shaped flowers. It is a succulent, and forms more of a bush than a tree. Desert Rose plants found at the garden shop are usually grown from seed and similar to the true species found in nature.
|Common Name||Adenium, Desert Rose|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 4 feet|
|Flower Colour||Any color|
|Bloom Time||Summer and Spring|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor with bright direct natural light.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Adenium plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the Adenium plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
For re-potting procedure
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Adenium Plant Care
Initial (1 -2 weeks ) care once the plant reaches your place:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Require natural direct light.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
|Soil||Well draining and nutrient-rich soil|
|Temperature||18 to 35 degrees Celcius.|
|Fertilizer||Use any organic fertilizer.|
Adenium Plant Special Feature
Desert looking beautiful flowering plant.
Adenium Plant Uses
- It brings the vibrant beauty to your various types of gardens